Mohammad Al Hasan, Ph.D.
Professor, Computer Science
- Ph.D. Computer Science, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York (2009)
- M.S. Computer Science, University of Minnesota Twin Cities (2002)
- B.Sc. Computer Science and Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (1998)
Before joining IUPUI in 2010, Mohammad Al Hasan was a senior research scientist at eBay Research Labs in San Jose, California.
His research is in data mining and machine learning. His contributions to these areas include developing:
- Models and algorithms for graph embeddings using deep learning
- Markov chain Monte Carlo algorithms for network sampling
- Natural language processing algorithms for learning text and relation embeddings, which can be used to construct knowledge graphs
He’s authored more than 100 research articles in these areas, and has won several awards, including best conference paper award, ACM SIGKDD doctoral dissertation award, and the NSF CAREER Award.
At IUPUI, Al Hasan established the Database, Data Mining & Machine Learning (DDML) Research Group.
Al Hasan’s research interests include developing novel algorithms in:
- Data mining
- Information retrieval
- Machine learning
- Social network analysis