- MFA, Creative Writing (poetry), Butler University (2023)
- J.D., Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indiana University (1994) Executive Notes Editor, Indiana International & Comparative Law Review; Co-Chair, Dean's Tutorial Society; 2nd place, Client Counseling Competition; Phi Delta Phi. Admitted to the Indiana bar, 1994. Admitted to the Supreme Court of the United States, 2012.
- M.B.A. Finance, Kelley School of Business, Indiana University (1988)
- M.L.S. University of Michigan (1980)
- B.A. History, University of Michigan (1978)
Sara Anne Hook developed a suite of courses for our school’s online undergraduate certificate in legal informatics. She also teaches courses in entrepreneurship, information governance, and competitive intelligence. She has taught courses in professional responsibility and intellectual property law as adjunct professor of law at the Robert H. McKinney School of Law at Indiana University, and also is adjunct professor of American Studies with the School of Liberal Arts at IUPUI.
Hook was admitted to the Indiana bar in 1994 and to the Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States in 2012. Formerly, she was a librarian at the Indiana University School of Dentistry (1983-1999) and associate dean of the faculties for IUPUI (1999-2004). She is a member of the American Intellectual Property Law Association, the Indiana State Bar Association, the International Legal Technology Association (ILTA), and the American Association for State and Local History.
She is active internationally through her work with Right Sharing of World Resources, a microfinance/women’s empowerment organization with projects in Sierra Leone, India, and Kenya. Formerly, she was the project leader and champion for a microfinance/women’s empowerment project in Calnali, Mexico, in partnership with Pro Mujer and the Rotary Club of Indianapolis.
An avid musician, Hook studies violin with Shannon Crow.
- Intellectual property law
- Legal informatics
- Electronic discovery
- Legal technology
- Information governance
- Professional ethics and issues related to the privacy and security of legal and health information