Yuni Xia, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Program Director, Computer Science
- Ph.D. Computer Science, Purdue University (2005)
- M.S. Computer Science, Purdue University (2002)
- B.S. Computer Science and Engineering, Central China University of Science and Technology (1996)
Yuni Xia is a two-time recipient of the IU Trustees Teaching Award and a Digital Faculty Fellow of IU Indianapolis. Additionally, she serves as a coach for the USA Computing Olympiad national teams.
Her expertise extends to collaborating with students on various projects within the school’s Database, Data Mining & Machine Learning Research Group.
Xia’s research papers have been published in esteemed conferences and peer-reviewed journals and her research projects include NSF-EHCS (EHS), SM: Development of SYMBIOTE; A Reconfigurable Logic Assisted Data Stream Management System for Multimedia Sensor Networks, Co-PI, National Science Foundation, 2008-2010
- Machine learning and AI
- Computer science education, AI in CS education
- Data mining and data stream mining
- Databases: data streams, data uncertainty management/indexing