AII 20000 Introduction to Data Science
- Prerequisites: CSCI 23000 or CSCI 24000 or (ECE 26300 and ECE 26100) or INFO-B 210 or INFO-I 210 or INFO-C 210 or NEWM-N 220 or CIT 14000 or CSCI-A 201 or consent of instructor.
- Delivery: On-Campus, Online
This course introduces data science and programming in the R statistical computing environment. Students learn relevant concepts from statistics, mathematics, and computer science. Topics include data manipulation, analysis, modeling, and visualization. Students gain experience analyzing real-world datasets from science, government, and industry.
- Develop programs in R.
- Load, manipulate, and analyze datasets.
- Build simple data models and perform statistical analyses.
- Communicate results through data visualizations, including graphs and tables.
- Analyze applications of data science in science, government, and industry.