CSCI-C 212 Introduction to Software Systems
- Prerequisites: CSCI-C 200 or CSCI-C 211
- Delivery: On-Campus
Design of computer software systems and introduction to programming in a contemporary operating system environment. Topics include a modern object-oriented programming language, building and maintaining large projects, and understanding the operating system interface.
- Apply basic programming constructs, including variables, decisions, loops, and functions, in writing simple programs.
- Apply object-oriented programming concepts of classes, objects, encapsulation, inheritance, and polymorphism in writing programs.
- Demonstrate skill in using software development methodology to design, implement and debug object-oriented software systems.
- Develop simple GUI applications with event handling.
- Use appropriate components from the Java Collections framework to solve a problem.
- Use an IDE to develop, debug, test, and run programs.
There is not a syllabus available for this course.