CSCI-Y 398 Internship in Professional Practice
- Prerequisites: None
- Delivery: Arranged
Designed to provide opportunities for students to receive credit for selected, career-related, full-time or part-time work. Evaluation by employer and faculty sponsor.
- Explore a potential career path within informatics.
- Master knowledge and skills acquired during informatics coursework; strengthen resume.
- Collaborate to create information technology projects and solve problems in a workplace environment, using soft skills like communication and teamwork.
- Reflect upon internship experience in making future career choices.
- Develop an innovative digital application, from original concept to final product, in light of theory and practice in the major and specialization.
- Plan and evaluate a project, addressing the employer’s requirements, budget, and team.
- Manage their time and meet deadlines to fulfill final project expectations. Document assets, code, and media created for the project weekly.
There is not a syllabus available for this course.