HIM-M 330 Medical Terminology
- Prerequisites: None
- Delivery: On-Campus, Online
This course develops a student’s understanding and use of medical terminology. It covers spelling, pronunciation, and abbreviations; the analysis of words based on their root, prefix, and suffix; the identification and description of the major functions and structures of body systems; and the identification of common mistakes in medical terminology. Students read, analyze, and interpret actual electronic medical records in an AHIMA virtual lab.
- Develop a basic understanding of medical terminology.
- Separate words into root, prefix, and suffix.
- Recognize, define, and spell terms related to the pathology and treatment of body systems.
- Analyze and apply knowledge to a real-life scenario.
- Define common word roots, combining forms, suffixes, and prefixes.
- Identify and describe the major functions and structures of the body systems.