HIM-M 350 Pathophysiology & Pharmacology for HIM I
- Prerequisites: HIM M330
- Delivery: On-Campus, Online
This course covers the signs, symptoms, and functional changes in each body system caused by diseases, focusing on the development of diseases.
- Analyze the etiology, signs, and symptoms of diseases within the body.
- Evaluate the appropriate treatment for each medical condition.
- Analyze the medications used to treat diseases in each body system.
- Identify how the body processes drugs and the conditions that may impede this process.
- Apply common abbreviations and components of medication orders in the medical record.
- Differentiate between the generic, brand name, official name, trade name, and chemical names of drugs.
- Identify the different methods of drug administration.
- Calculate safe drug dosages. Describe the different types of injections including intradermal, subcutaneous, and intramuscular.
- Identify the five schedules of controlled substances.
- Explain the appropriate treatment for a patient who has been poisoned.