LIS-S 304 Social Media Data
- Prerequisites: None
- Delivery: On-Campus, Online
Social media creates enormous troves of user data capturing behaviors, interests, and relationships. Social media thus holds significant value for research, business, and politics. This class examines the production of social media data, how industry and academics use this data, and the tools and techniques for analyzing it.
- Identify and weigh the social, political, ethical, and legal implications of social media data.
- Summarize emerging social media data production trends and how social media is used for data analysis.
- Examine techniques for obtaining social media data for analysis.
- Analyze and evaluate analytical techniques applied to social media data and employ them in data science.
There is not a syllabus available for this course.