LIS-S 406 Scientific Data
- Prerequisites: None
- Delivery: On-Campus, Online
This course reviews data practices in the sciences from the perspectives of multiple scientific domains. Topics include data sources, management, lifecycles, description, organization, workflows, repositories, and analytical tools for the sciences. Additionally, students explore newly developing technologies and analytical practices including data visualization and big data methods.
- Compare the role of scientific data in academia, government, industry, and other organizations.
- Summarize emerging data practices in the sciences.
- Evaluate best practices, tools, and technologies for scientific data.
- Create data management, workflow, and analysis plans for sample scientific data.
There is not a syllabus available for this course.