NEWM-N 364 Directing Visual Narratives
- Prerequisites: NEWM-N 261 or NEWM-N 340 or NEWM-N 353 or NEWM-N 357
- Delivery: On-Campus
- Understand how to create empathy for 2D and 3D character through their performances.
- Design and implement nonverbal and verbal cues within a digital character.
- Integrate believable, appealing, and entertaining animations for use in films, games, and virtual environments.
- Analyze critically acting in film, animations, and peer work.
- After Effects
This course introduces principles of animation, derived from acting techniques, to arouse empathy and appeal for characters. Students experiment with how a character should react to objects, environments, and other characters to convey its thoughts, emotions, personality, and aspirations. Students create expressive poses to visualize an effective performance.