Health Science B.S. + Health Informatics M.S.
Better information for better health
Technologies such as electronic health records can save lives and help people manage their medical care. To take care of these records responsibly takes expertise in how to collect, analyze and safeguard patient information.
Learn how people and information systems intersect in the world of medicine. You’ll acquire skills that will allow you to utilize information as a tool to help provide health care safely and efficiently, enabling clinical teams to serve more patients.
Plan of Study
The plan of study follows the Health Science B.S. plan of study for years 1-3. Students begin taking graduate level courses during year 4 as follows:
Fall Semester Senior Year
- HLSC-H 442 Research in Health and Rehab Sciences
- HLSC-H 445 Program Evaluation
- HLSC-H 475
- INFO-I 501 Introduction to Informatics
- INFO-B 530 Foundations of Health Informatics
Spring Semester Senior Year
- HLSC-H 495 Human Nutrition through Lifespan
- General Education: Arts & Humanities
- INFO-B 535 Clinical Information Systems
- INFO-B 581 Health Informatics Standards and Terminology
Summer 1 before Fifth Year
Fall Semester Fifth Year
- INFO-B 505 Informatics Project Management
- INFO-B 626 Human Factors Engineering for Health Informatics
- INFO-B 641 Business of Health Informatics