INFO-B 211 Information Infrastructure II
- Prerequisites: INFO-B 210
- Delivery: On-Campus
This course focuses on more advanced web application development than those in INFO-B 210 using the Python language and environment. It uses methodologies such as object-oriented programming and pattern based design to discuss how to develop relatively advanced, reliable, and reusable web applications.
- Explain basic concepts of object-oriented programming in Python.
- Design object-oriented programming classes and interfaces.
- Construct reusable software components with advanced object-oriented programming features including object encapsulation, inheritance, and polymorphism.
- Create asynchronous Web applications with AJAX and JSON.
- Use robust exception handling to improve system fault tolerance and reliability.
- Design complex information systems with the MVC design pattern.
- Develop information systems rapidly with software frameworks.
Note: This course involves programming in Python using biomedical data. It is especially suitable for life and health science majors, such as students in the Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Informatics.