INFO-B 211 Information Infrastructure II
- Prerequisite(s): INFO-B 210
- Delivery: On-Campus
This course focuses on more advanced web application development than those in INFO-B 210 using the Python language and environment. It uses methodologies such as object-oriented programming and pattern based design to discuss how to develop relatively advanced, reliable, and reusable web applications.
Note: This course involves programming in Python using biomedical data. It is especially suitable for life and health science majors, such as students in the Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Informatics.
- Explain basic concepts of object-oriented programming in Python.
- Design object-oriented programming classes and interfaces.
- Construct reusable software components with advanced object-oriented programming features including object encapsulation, inheritance, and polymorphism.
- Create asynchronous Web applications with AJAX and JSON.
- Use robust exception handling to improve system fault tolerance and reliability.
- Design complex information systems with the MVC design pattern.
- Develop information systems rapidly with software frameworks.
Policies and Procedures
Please be aware of the following linked policies and procedures. Note that in individual courses instructors will have stipulations specific to their course.