INFO-B 544 Professional Practicum in Health Information Management II
- Prerequisite(s): INFO B543 Professional Practicum in Health Information Management I
- Delivery: Arranged
This course provides professional practice experience. Students complete the project-based practicum under the direction of the assigned site supervisor. The student develops a project and presentation for the site. The student conducts all necessary research and applies project management tools and skills in completing the project.
- Manage the use of clinical data required by various payment and reimbursement systems.
- Apply principles of healthcare finance for revenue management.
- Implement processes for revenue cycle management and reporting.
- Appraise current laws and standards related to health information initiatives.
- Determine processes for compliance with current laws and standards related to health information initiatives and the revenue cycle.
- Construct and maintain processes, policies, and procedures to ensure the accuracy of coded data based on established guidelines.
- Take part in effective negotiating and use influencing skills.
- Discover personal leadership style using contemporary leadership theory and principles.
- Take part in effective communication through project reports, business reports and professional communications.
- Apply personnel management skills.
- Take part in enterprise-wide committees.
- Demonstrate effective team and consensus building.
- Interpret concepts of change management theories, techniques, and leadership.
- Analyze and redesign workflow processes and responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
- Construct performance management measures.
- Graphically depict workflow concepts.
- Create and implement staff orientation and training programs.
- Apply general principles of management in the administration of health information services.
- Promote ethical standards of practice.
- Apply project management techniques to ensure efficient workflow and appropriate outcomes.
- Facilitate project management by integrating work efforts.
- Manage information as a key strategic resource and mission tool.
Policies and Procedures
Please be aware of the following linked policies and procedures. Note that in individual courses instructors will have stipulations specific to their course.