INFO-H 519 Natural Language Processing with Deep Learning
- Prerequisite(s): None
- Delivery: Online
This course covers natural language processing using deep learning and its applications. Students learn recent advances by evaluating the literature, implementing methods in Python, and conducting a research project. Topics include machine translation, automated image captioning, and document summarization.
- Evaluate the research literature on the application of deep learning to natural language processing.
- Design and implement a deep learning architecture for a natural language processing problem or application.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the architecture.
- Write a research paper that reports the results of deep learning architecture for natural language processing and summarize its contents through an oral presentation.
- Assess ethical issues related to the bias and fairness of deep learning architectures for natural language processing, comparing different architectures and approaches for remediation.
Policies and Procedures
Please be aware of the following linked policies and procedures. Note that in individual courses instructors will have stipulations specific to their course.