NEWM-N 423 Database Development for Mobile Applications
- Prerequisite(s): NEWM N320
- Delivery: On-Campus
This course applies the representational state transfer software architecture to the development of mobile applications using a nonrelational database. Students learn how to implement a RESTFUL backend API for securely storing and retrieving data in a NoSQL database via AJAX calls.
- Disambiguate the different structures that a noSQL database may take on.
- Implement a RESTful backend API for storing and retrieving data via AJAX calls.
- Use websockets to allow multiple synchronous access to a shared dataset.
- Secure a database from nefarious incursions.
Policies and Procedures
Please be aware of the following linked policies and procedures. Note that in individual courses instructors will have stipulations specific to their course.