NEWM-N 434 Serious Games and Simulations
- Prerequisite(s): None
- Delivery: On-Campus
This course examines the use of serious games, simulations, and virtual worlds in education, healthcare, health education, and the military. It explores the work of notable game authors and developers. Students design, implement, and evaluate a small-scale serious game or simulation.
We will adopt a reflective practice and creative process for this course. This course is intended to be a fast-paced, building a serious game or simulation from the ground-up focusing on interactive and integrated media design.
- Demonstrate effective planning for a serious game or simulation.
- Deconstruct an existing serious game or simulation.
- Define specific metrics required to ensure an error-free serious game or simulation.
- Develop a sound implementation strategy.
- Produce a working serious game or simulation.
Policies and Procedures
Please be aware of the following linked policies and procedures. Note that in individual courses instructors will have stipulations specific to their course.