NEWM-N 491 Capstone Project Internship
- Prerequisite(s): None
- Delivery: On-Campus
The capstone project represents the culmination of a student’s studies. This experiential learning course supports the development of the capstone project in a professional setting. Students apply the knowledge and skills acquired in the media arts and science major to an industrial or research internship and present their final work at an exhibition.
- Explore a potential career path within media arts and science.
- Master knowledge and skills acquired during media arts and science coursework; strengthen resume.
- Collaborate to create media productions and solve problems in a workplace environment, using soft skills like communication and teamwork.
- Reflect upon internship experience in making future career choices.
- Develop an innovative digital media product, from original concept to final production, in light of theory and practice in the major and specialization.
- Plan and evaluate a project, addressing the employer's requirements, budget, and team.
- Manage their time and meet deadlines to fulfill final project expectations.
- Document assets, code, and media created for the project weekly.
- Present their final work at the capstone event.
Policies and Procedures
Please be aware of the following linked policies and procedures. Note that in individual courses instructors will have stipulations specific to their course.