NEWM-N 510 Web Database Development
- Prerequisite(s): CSCI 54100 or LIS-S 511 or INFO-B 512 or INFO-B 556 and prior programming experience
- Delivery: On-Campus
Addresses diverse issues arising when designing World Wide Web interface. Basic database concepts will be presented but the course will focus on discussion of interface issues specific to web databases, technologies for linking databases to web servers for delivery, discussion of various web-database applications, case studies, and industry trends.
- Design and implement client–server applications that solve real-world problems.
- Implement the model-view-controller software pattern in web and mobile user interfaces.
- Apply client-side and server-side programming skills including design, coding, implementation, and integration with relational databases.
- Transmit objects between the browser and server by converting them into JSON.
- Evaluate a given web application based on different criteria such as structure, dynamics, security, embedded systems, and interactivity.
- Diagram the phases of the secure software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrate the techniques of defensive programming and secure coding.
- Design user-friendly web and mobile interfaces.
Policies and Procedures
Please be aware of the following linked policies and procedures. Note that in individual courses instructors will have stipulations specific to their course.