Certificate in Artificial Intelligence
What do you know about AI?
Artificial intelligence is part of our lives—the devices we use, the homes we live in, the places we work and play. Whether we’re online to shop, or apply for a job … getting something delivered, or getting directions on our phones … AI is involved almost every step of the way.
More and more jobs demand an understanding of this process. Even if you don’t envision working in AI, you’re likely to use algorithms or results produced by artificial intelligence in a variety of careers.
Earn a Certificate in AI
You can earn your Certificate in AI from Indiana University through our school, located at its Indianapolis campus. Earn your 16-hour certificate in three semesters – either on campus or completely online.
Want to know more?
Our team is ready to answer any and all questions you may have, or help you schedule a visit. Fill out this form, click submit, and we’ll be in touch.
Is this certificate a good fit for me?
Our Certificate in AI is a great option if you:
- Want to earn a standalone certificate to increase your job prospects without taking classes on campus or earning a degree.
- Are enrolled in another school on campus but want to add knowledge of AI to your skill set and apply credits toward your degree.
- Are curious to explore whether AI is right for you while keeping your options open.
AI is increasing in sectors from health care, research and marketing to manufacturing, transportation, and more. Acquiring AI knowledge and skills prepares you for what’s to come and is a valuable asset to employers.
Students who earn this certificate can work as:
- Artificial intelligence specialist
- Business intelligence analyst
- Cloud engineer
- Data scientist
- Machine learning engineer
What this certificate offers you
The Indiana University Certificate in AI through our school in Indianapolis is:
- Versatile & economical – You can apply every credit from your certificate toward later earning a Bachelor of Arts degree in Artificial Intelligence
- Available 100% online – Fit the coursework into your busy schedule by taking all your classes virtually.
- Customizable – If you’re earning a degree at IUPUI, your school will show you how to earn your Certificate in AI to minimize the number of courses outside your major plan of study.
- Open to those without a computing background – Students in non-computing majors, such as liberal arts, can earn the Certificate in AI without taking additional prerequisites.
What to expect
You can complete the certificate in three semesters, online or on campus. You’ll take five courses to earn your 16-hour certificate:
- AIE/AII/AIS 10000 Introduction to Artificial Intelligence – 3 credit hours
- AIE/AII/AIS 20000 Introduction to Data Science – 3 credit hours
- AIE/AII/AIS 30000 Collaborative Human-AI Systems What to expect – 3 credit hours
- One programming course – 4 credit hours. Select from:
- CSCI-A 201 Introduction to Programming I (Python)
- INFO-B 210 Information Infrastructure I (Python)
- CSCI 23000 Computing I (Python)
- One AI elective, selected from the list below – 3 credit hours.
NOTE: Eight of the courses listed require no prerequisite outside your certificate coursework:
- INFO-B 443 Natural Language Processing (3 cr.) *
- INFO-I 220 Software Bots for Cognitive Automation (3 cr.)
- INFO-I 319 Cognitive Automation and Bots Development (3 cr.) *
- INFO-I 419 Enterprise Cognitive Automation (3 cr.) *
- INFO-I 308 Information Representation (3 cr.)
- INFO-I 340 Collaborative Human–AI Systems (3 cr.)
- INFO-I 415 Introduction to Statistical Learning (3 cr.) *
- INFO-I 416 Applied Cloud Computing (3 cr.) *
- INFO-I 418 Deep Learning Neural Networks (3 cr.)*
- INFO-I 421 Applications of Data Mining (3 cr.) *
- INFO-I 428 Web Mining (3 cr.)
- INFO-I 459 Media and Technology Entrepreneurship (3 cr.)
- INFO-I 467 Internet-of-Things Interface Design for Business Innovation (3 cr.) *
- INFO-I 483 Conversational User Interfaces: Experience Design and Applications (3 cr.)
- INFO-I 496 Artificial Intelligence Professional Practice 1 (3 cr.)
- NEWM-N 328 Visualizing Information (3 cr.)
* Prerequisites to this course are outside the certificate coursework.
You have the option to earn the certificate entirely online; many classes are offered on campus as well.
Two of the AI elective courses you can select for this certificate allow you to earn additional professional/industry certifications:
- Rasa Ai Assistant Developer Level-1
- AI Conversational VideoBot Developer-L1
- Rasa Advanced AI Assistant Developer
You can earn this as a stand-alone certificate or as part of an undergraduate degree. To get started, you’ll need to be admitted to IUPUI as an undergraduate student.
Current IUPUI students
See your advisor.