Biomedical Informatics + Health Informatics
You can unlock the potential of biological data to improve health care by combining a Bachelor of Science degree in Biomedical Informatics with a master’s in Health Informatics.
Become an informatics leader by earning our accelerated 5-year degree.
Studying biomedical informatics allows you to drive innovation in the fields of information technology and biomedical data. Learn to analyze data to identify problems and craft solutions that improve patients’ lives when you complete your degree in health informatics.
Plan of Study
The plan of study follows the Biomedical Informatics BS – Health Informatics Specialization plan of study for years 1-3. Students begin taking graduate level courses during year 4 as follows:
Fall Semester Senior Year
- INFO-B 535 Clinical Information Systems
- INFO-B 581 Health Information Standards and Technologies
- INFO-B 530 Introduction to Health Informatics
Spring Semester Senior Year
- INFO-B 583 Security & Privacy Policies & Regulations for Healthcare
- INFO-B 642 Clinical Decision Support Systems
- INFO-B 505 Informatics Project Management
- INFO-I 491 Internship, INFO-I 492 Thesis, or INFO-I 494 Project
Fall Semester Fifth Year
- INFO-I 501 Intro to Informatics
- INFO-B 518 Applied Statistical Methods for Biomedical Informatics
- Course from either project or thesis track
Spring Semester Fifth Year
- Course from either the project or thesis track
- Thesis track class or elective (if completing the project track)
- Master’s Elective