Mallory Pate, M.S., RHIA
- Lecturer, Health Information Management
murphmaliupui [dot] edu
M.S. Health Informatics, Indiana University (2020)
B.S. Health Information Management, Indiana University (2019)
Associate's degree General Studies, Ivy Tech Community College-Bloomington (2014)
Mallory Pate looks for ways to engage students and expand the Health Information Management curriculum at Luddy Indianapolis. In 2022 she worked with and advocated for a new program, Packback, which utilizes artificial intelligence to help students produce insightful and engaging discussions, and to improve critical thinking and encourage curiosity. She’s also worked to revise curriculum content and provide different assignments to better meet learning outcomes.
Pate, a licensed pharmacy technician, is an HIM Advisory Board member, and participated in the CAHIIM accreditation for the Luddy Indianapolis HIM program at IUPUI. She volunteers with JA JobSpark, part of Junior Achievement’s career-exploration curriculum.
- HIM-M 110 Computer Concepts for Health Information
- HIM-M 120 Data Organization and Presentation in the Healthcare Environment
- HIM-M 200 Database Design for Health Information Management
- HIM-M 220 Healthcare Informatics for Decision Support
- HIM-M 275 Cultural Competence in Healthcare Communication
- HIM-M 330 Medical Terminology
- HIM-M 462 Healthcare Quality Improvement
- HIM-M 475 Health Information Technology