Soo Hyeon Kim, Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor, Library and Information Science
skim541iu [dot] edu
- Ph.D. Learning, Design, and Technology, The Pennsylvania State University
- M.S. Strategic Product Design, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft)
- B.S. Industrial Design, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST)
Soo Hyeon Kim is an assistant professor of Library and Information Science at our school. As an information and learning scientist, Soo Hyeon explores ways to support STEM learning for socially marginalized groups in constructionist learning environments particularly through intergenerational participation. She received her Ph.D. from Learning, Design, and Technology program at The Pennsylvania State University.
Previously, she worked as a project manager to design and develop smartphones.
- Informal STEM learning
- Family learning
- Mobile learning
- Community engagement
- LIS S530 Makerspaces as Learning Environments
- LIS S578 Facilitating Learning with Technology