Student Facility Access
Computer Classroom Access
Once you’ve scanned your card and Luddy Indianapolis has granted access, you can use the card to access these facilities:
- IT 255
- IT 257
- IT 270
- IT 271
Students may scan cards at:
- Kiosk at the reception desk on the 4th floor
- Equipment checkout at IT 259 (during checkout hours)
You must manually scan your card before our facilities team can activate your access to the Luddy Indianapolis facilities.
Specialty labs access
Students need permission from a faculty member for access to these specialty labs:
- Green Screen Lab (IT 358)
- Audio Production Lab (IT 360)
- Emerging Technologies Lab (ETL) (IT 414)
- MARLA (IT 420)
- Video Editing Lab (VELa) (IT 422)
- Modernization Environmental Development Lab (M.E.D.L) (IT 440)
- i-Learn Center (IT 592)
Students should complete the online Facility Access Request Form, which sends an email to their faculty mentor, for approval.
After-hours IT building access
Students may request after-hours card access to the IT building. If a student is granted after-hours card access, they should keep the following in mind:
- After-hours card access is only be used to access a Luddy Indianapolis lab or study area on the 4th floor for academic purposes.
- All IT building general classrooms, UITS labs, and common areas close at 10 PM. Any student using these areas after 10 PM will be asked to leave the building.
- Students with after-hours card access should not use their card access to allow others into the building.
To request after-hours card access to the IT building, students should complete the online Facility Access Request Form, which sends an email to their faculty mentor for approval.