Undergraduate Honors Program
The Luddy Indianapolis Honors Program offers select students across all the school’s majors the opportunity to enroll in a challenging academic program that enhances learning opportunities.
- A $250 scholarship per semester when maintaining program requirements
- A one-time $2,500 study abroad stipend
- Increased opportunities to interact with faculty members
- Greater depth of learning in your major through additional challenges
- Enhanced relationships with other motivated, high-achieving students
- Membership in the IUPUI Honors College, access to Honors College advisors, and use of the Honors College facility—which includes dedicated study space, a computer lab, and group-work rooms
- The opportunity to graduate with an honors distinction from IUPUI
To be admitted to the Honors Program, students must:
- Be admitted to the Luddy School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering in Indianapolis.
- Complete 12 IUPUI GPA hours with at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA.
- Complete the school’s Honors Program application by June 1.
- Have completed no more than 60 credit hours at the time of application or must demonstrate a minimum of 4 regular semesters, not including summer, remaining to graduate.
- Must be enrolled in an on-campus program. Unfortunately at this time, online only programs are not eligible.
To successfully complete our school’s Honors Program, a student must:
- Maintain full time enrollment.
- Enroll in at least one honors course/experience per semester.
- Earn a B or higher in an honors course to count towards the 24 hours of requirements.
- Maintain a 3.3 GPA in both cumulative university coursework and honors coursework.
- Complete 24 total honors credit hours (at least 15 of these hours must be in Luddy Indianapolis courses).
- Starting Fall 2022, students will be required to complete HON-H 200: Introduction to Honors for 1 credit in the first semester of the program. This course will count towards the 24 required hours for honors.
- Starting Fall 2022, students will be required to complete a 0 credit Senior Portfolio as part of their Honors’ graduation requirements.
All Luddy Indianapolis honors students must complete at least 15 hours of Luddy courses for honors credit as part of their 24 honors hours total. Honors credit for a course can be earned in one of three ways:
- Students can sign up for courses with a designated “H” section, which signifies honors course.
- Faculty may add an honors component to their course syllabi, listing the additional requirements for those students taking the course for honors credit. Luddy Indianapolis courses being taken for honors credit will include additional requirements beyond those in the regular course offering. Examples of additional requirements include:
- A major paper not required in the regular course.
- Additional or different questions on exams. These questions may cover additional material or require mastery of material beyond the level required in the regular course.
- Other additional assignments not required in the regular course.
- Should an honors component be missing from a syllabus, students can submit honors contracts for courses they want to complete for honors credit.
For more information about the Luddy Indianapolis Honors Program, please contact Betsy Parker at email@example.com