INFO-I 491 Capstone Project Internship
- Prerequisite(s): Consent of instructor
- Delivery: Arranged
Students culminate their course studies through practical application of concepts and practices working in industry.
- Explore a potential career path within informatics.
- Master knowledge and skills acquired during informatics coursework; strengthen resume.
- Collaborate to create information technology projects and solve problems in a workplace environment, using soft skills like communication and teamwork.
- Reflect upon internship experience in making future career choices.
- Develop an innovative digital application, from original concept to final product, in light of theory and practice in the major and specialization.
- Plan and evaluate a project, addressing the employer’s requirements, budget, and team.
- Manage their time and meet deadlines to fulfill final project expectations.
- Document assets, code, and media created for the project weekly.
- Present their final work at the capstone event.
Policies and Procedures
Please be aware of the following linked policies and procedures. Note that in individual courses instructors will have stipulations specific to their course.